CHOOSE THE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
We can give you all the inspiration, guidance, tools and help you need to create a personal history legacy book that will be cherished by your family forever. We help you every step of the way. We have created four packages to make it easier for you to determine what you are looking for and to get started.To compare package details click here.
We will conduct a series of interviews, edit the text and perhaps add historical facts and references or create poetic lines where appropriate. We will work with you to select photos and memorabilia, scan the photos, design the book to reflect the author’s personality and then publish it . In addition to answering the interview questions and helping to select the appropriate photos, your only involvement will be to approve the PDF proofs and then place an order for the number of copies you desire. It is that simple.
The cost for this process is dependent on the number of hours of interviews, but generally 2-8 hours of interviews (broken into 1-2 hour sessions) can capture the stories and details that will make your book a legacy book to be loved by many. If we do everything, so you don’t have to — the cost for this can be as little as $1,450 or as much as -$9,000 for a professionally designed 100 page, full-colour hardcover book.
The time to create a book from the initial interview to the delivery of the printed book can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks depending on the complexity of the project, the number of pages, hours of interviews and the number of photos.
1. Free 1 hour consultation to review the options and get an idea of the scope of your project.
2. A contract that outlines the scope, costs and timing is prepared. A 30% deposit is required along with the signed contract at which time a series of interviews will be scheduled.
3. Interviews will be recorded, transcribed and edited. If agreed upon, any further research or interviews with family members will be conducted and a first draft will then be presented for your approval and/changes.
4. Upon the review of the second draft, we will select the photos and memorabilia that will accompany the written word. The photos will be scanned in your home, so that they do not have to leave their safe environment. A second payment instalment is required prior to the next step.
5. The book and its cover will be designed and presented in a PDF format for your review and final changes and sign-off. The process is almost complete.
6. Once the book is complete, you will be notified and you can order as many copies as you wish. The books are generally hard-cover, full colour and on archival paper.
If you have any questions or would like to explore this option further, please e-mail me or phone me at 905-770-6337